So….some things have started to ‘ease’ a little. The latest advice allows us to exercise outdoors as often as possible, which is great for us dog owners. That said I do sometimes worry that our dogs don’t know what’s hit them. They’ve had more company and walks over the last three months than many of them have experienced before. My friend’s Frenchie now sleeps for 22 hours a day and runs for the other two!
If you need help with walking your dog, especially as many of us are returning to work, we offer a dog walking service here at Paws Galore. To be fair, this isn’t a new service we’ve always been able to walk customers’ dogs around the beautiful Herfordshire countryside, but it’s worth mentioning it again in light of what’s going on.
If you are worried about your dog while you’re out all day we offer morning or afternoon sessions – always 45 minute (minimum) with up to 3 other dogs – so your pooch gets social interaction and will come back tired and happy – which is, after all, the most important thing!
Any dogs we walk do need to be social with other dogs and humans too, which raises the issue of training. We offer extensive and focussed training courses covering aspects including:
- Workshops– these are 2.5 hours to 5 hours in length and are taught in a fun and interesting way by a professional trainer with over 20 years of experience.
- Residential Training– We take your dog in-house for a three week period and train him/her for you – please see our next blog <link – https://pawsgalore.co.uk/demo-blog/>
- Rally Obedience– Dogs and their handlers negotiate a course with numbered signs indicating different exercises to perform, such as Sit, Serpentine once, send over jump, fast forward from Sit and About turn right.
- Pre and Post Puppy Training– if you are not prepared and do the necessary research and preparation for your puppy or the basic training, it can easily turn into a nightmare!
- 121 Training and Behavioural Consultations– 121 training ensures that you receive maximum focus and attention to help you with whatever behaviour or training issues you might be having with your dog.
- Telephone Consultations– a phone or skype consultation can be a way to help you if you are looking for advice.
Our training focuses in general on the key exercises where people encounter the most difficulties, which include:
• General manners and socialisation
• An introduction to Hoopers
• Basic obedience exercises, including Leave, sit, down, wait (and others)
• An introduction to Rally Obedience Teaching your dog tricks
So if you are interested in using our dog walking or training services, please do give us a call – we have many, many years of experience and hundreds of happy dogs and owners!
Paws Galore are experts in all aspects of dog behaviour and training and offer courses and workshops throughout the Southeast – remote courses are available throughout this isolation period. They also offer dog walking, sitting and transport services.